Current Job Openings:
Sumas Police Department Police Officer – Lateral Entry Position
The City of Sumas is seeking to fill the position of Experienced Police Officer and is requesting qualified, currently employed Police Officers who are interested to apply:
- Currently employed with two (2) years’ experience in Law Enforcement in a Municipal, County, or State Police Department, for not less than twenty-four (24) months of the last thirty-six (36) months at the time of application. A two-year Associate’s Degree in Law Enforcement Police Science or other closely related field from a fully accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Graduation from Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission’s Basic Law Enforcement Academy, or be able to obtain a Certificate of Equivalency from the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission within six months of appointment.
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of a psychological exam and a polygraph exam.
- Successfully complete a medical examination
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation.
Salary Range (dependent on years of experience): $4,634.05 – $5,819.34 per month plus benefits, holiday pay & incentive pay.
To apply and/or obtain applications and position descriptions please contact:
Civil Service Commission, Secretary
Sumas Police Department
433 Cherry St. P.O. Box 9
Sumas, WA 98295
Completed applications, resumes and cover letters must be delivered to Sumas Police Department or emailed to Chief Daniel DeBruin at email@example.com.
The City of Sumas is an Equal Opportunity Employer